2018 Maple Leaf Car Show/GEO Meet

Post all events, gathers, meets, etc right here.
whitetop

Post by whitetop » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:44 am

Clive, I hope you do make it. Otherwise we will have to set up a mannikin wearing a sarong in your honor. Regarding the weather, I can only promise weather. We have all kinds here, including the drenching rains that caused you to have to wear that sarong last year.

whitetop

Post by whitetop » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>"My favorite king was King Melchior, because he was the oldest and had a long white beard. My brother's favorite was King Kaspar. He insisted that this king was a little crazy and quite deaf. I don't know why he was so positive about his being deaf. I suspect it was because dear King Kaspar never brought him all the gifts he requested. He was also rather puzzled by the fact that King Kaspar carried the myrrh, which appeared to him as a rather eccentric gift, for he never quite understood what the word meant." â€â€￾Gian-Carlo Menotti [/quote]

I have got to find my myrrh. It's probably in the big toolbox. Just like I'm going to sing in my aria: "I never go anywhere without my box." The first thing my dad taught me about working on cars was to put everything you could possibly need in the car and carry it with you always.

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:57 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>whitetop</dt><dd>Sep 5 2018, 05:44 AM</dd></dl><div>Clive, I hope you do make it. Otherwise we will have to set up a mannikin wearing a sarong in your honor. Regarding the weather, I can only promise weather. We have all kinds here, including the drenching rains that caused you to have to wear that sarong last year.[/quote]Only, the jeans off it, will be sacrificed, in effigy, to stoke the campfire, and provide the necessary btu's to get a good char on the marshmallows. We promise, Clive. ^o) ....oh, and the tube socks!

Whether or not we will have any weather, remains to be seen. Let's hope so, anyway. The alternative is rather bleak.

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:58 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>whitetop</dt><dd>Sep 5 2018, 05:51 AM</dd></dl><div>"I never go anywhere without my box."
[/quote]TWSS