2018 Maple Leaf Car Show/GEO Meet

Post all events, gathers, meets, etc right here.
whitetop

Post by whitetop » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Make plans to join the Unicorn Squad for yet another fun weekend of GEO activities! We had a huge turnout last year and hope for even more this year.

Friday: Chinese Buffet dinner and camping along beautiful Shoal Creek south of Joplin. Campfire council included.

Saturday: Early morning jaunt to nearby Carthage, MO for the Maple Leaf Car Show. It's a competitive car show none of us plan to win, but you never know; we were super popular last year. The real plan is to let people know GEOs belong in mainstream events. Lots of fun food and a swap meet at the show.

Saturday Afternoon/Evening: Dinner at the campground and another campfire council.

Sunday Morning: Breakfast at nearby diner and tearful departures.

Not included but highly possible: Entertainment value such as Scoobs falling in the river, Whitetop polishing off yet another classy bottle of champers before climbing a rock wall, or Clive wearing a sarong because all his clothes were soaked in a thunderstorm. Clive, if you don't come we're going to dress up a mannekin and make you the mascot, anyway.

I'll post more misinformation soon enough. You can check out the car show and get registered at
mapleleafcarshow.com. Register early to save a few bucks and guarantee yourself a dash plaque.

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:32 pm

I think it's time you came out with an Official®, Unicorn Squad inspired, "Maple Leaf Car Show - Geo Meet" T-shirt. ^o)

It could be "mullet-like": a pic of your vert, on the front, and one of Seth's, on the rear. *business up front, party in the back*

whitetop

Post by whitetop » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:38 am

Good idea. Instead of a snowfish it could be a bottle of champagne.

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:06 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>whitetop</dt><dd>Aug 21 2018, 07:38 PM</dd></dl><div>Good idea. Instead of a snowfish it could be a bottle of champagne. [/quote]...and the shirts will be available in these sizes:

"Jereboam" (M)
"Rehoboam" (L)
"Methuselah" (XL)
"Salmanazar" (2X)
"Balthazar" (3X)
"Nabuchadnezzar" (4X)
Last edited by PTA2PTB on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scoobs

Post by Scoobs » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:36 pm

:D

geeten

Post by geeten » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>whitetop</dt><dd>Aug 21 2018, 10:35 AM</dd></dl><div>Make plans to join the Unicorn Squad for yet another fun weekend of GEO activities! We had a huge turnout last year and hope for even more this year.

Friday: Chinese Buffet dinner and camping along beautiful Shoal Creek south of Joplin. Campfire council included.

Saturday: Early morning jaunt to nearby Carthage, MO for the Maple Leaf Car Show. It's a competitive car show none of us plan to win, but you never know; we were super popular last year. The real plan is to let people know GEOs belong in mainstream events. Lots of fun food and a swap meet at the show.

Saturday Afternoon/Evening: Dinner at the campground and another campfire council.

Not included but highly possible: Entertainment value such as Scoobs falling in the river, Whitetop polishing off yet another classy bottle of champers before climbing a rock wall, or Clive wearing a sarong because all his clothes were soaked in a thunderstorm. Clive, if you don't come we're going to dress up a mannekin and make you the mascot, anyway.

I'll post more misinformation soon enough. You can check out the car show and get registered at
mapleleafcarshow.com. Register early to save a few bucks and guarantee yourself a dash plaque.
[/quote]<big>I tried to register thru the website. Can't. Send a email to the webmaster. No reply. Called phone number. No answer.

Update: Just talked to Larrys wife. She's happy to sort it out. Will call be back.
Update: Larry called back they are fixing it. Will let us know.</big>
Last edited by geeten on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geeten

Post by geeten » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>geeten</dt><dd>Aug 31 2018, 02:09 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>whitetop</dt><dd>Aug 21 2018, 10:35 AM</dd></dl><div>Make plans to join the Unicorn Squad for yet another fun weekend of GEO activities! We had a huge turnout last year and hope for even more this year.

[/quote]<big>I tried to register thru the website. Can't. Send a email to the webmaster. No reply. Called phone number. No answer.

Update: Just talked to Larrys wife. She's happy to sort it out. Will call be back.
Update: Larry called back they are fixing it. Will let us know.</big>[/quote]<big>I'm in.</big>

whitetop

Post by whitetop » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am

Great news, Geeten! Things are kind of slow to change in this part of the world sometimes. It will be great to meet you. Once you've been, Maple Leaf will send sign-up forms via snail mail.

whitetop

Post by whitetop » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:20 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>"Jereboam" (M)
"Rehoboam" (L)
"Methuselah" (XL)
"Salmanazar" (2X)
"Balthazar" (3X)
"Nabuchadnezzar" (4X) [/quote]

Haha! You will need to change my 2X to Kaspar, however. I auditioned for a role in our December opera production of Amahl and the Night Visitors and will be singing that part.

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>whitetop</dt><dd>Sep 1 2018, 06:20 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>"Jereboam" (M)
"Rehoboam" (L)
"Methuselah" (XL)
"Salmanazar" (2X)
"Balthazar" (3X)
"Nabuchadnezzar" (4X) [/quote]

Haha! You will need to change my 2X to Kaspar, however. I auditioned for a role in our December opera production of Amahl and the Night Visitors and will be singing that part. [/quote]I hear ya! You could always tote that myrrh around, mixed into a magnum of Champagne.

Wiki
"My favorite king was King Melchior, because he was the oldest and had a long white beard. My brother's favorite was King Kaspar. He insisted that this king was a little crazy and quite deaf. I don't know why he was so positive about his being deaf. I suspect it was because dear King Kaspar never brought him all the gifts he requested. He was also rather puzzled by the fact that King Kaspar carried the myrrh, which appeared to him as a rather eccentric gift, for he never quite understood what the word meant." â€â€￾Gian-Carlo Menotti
Last edited by PTA2PTB on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WiscoMetro

Post by WiscoMetro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Good and bad news:

BAD: Having just finished moving I'm not situated yet. Not wanting to be unfocused and unprepared going in and leading to another failure of a semester I've once again pulled out of classes.

GOOD: I'll surely be able to find time to make it. :metro1

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>WiscoMetro</dt><dd>Sep 3 2018, 06:42 PM</dd></dl><div>Good and bad news:

BAD: Having just finished moving I'm not situated yet. Not wanting to be unfocused and unprepared going in and leading to another failure of a semester I've once again pulled out of classes.

GOOD: I'll surely be able to find time to make it. :metro1[/quote]YAY! :banana

mt999999

Post by mt999999 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>PTA2PTB</dt><dd>Sep 3 2018, 06:46 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>WiscoMetro</dt><dd>Sep 3 2018, 06:42 PM</dd></dl><div>Good and bad news:

GOOD: I'll surely be able to find time to make it. :metro1[/quote]YAY! :banana [/quote]Still a solid "maybe" for me. I'd love to, but it's a heck of a drive, and I have lots of houses that need TLC. If I can get Miranda on board, I will really try. If not, well, I really don't want to make that trip alone. Our daughter's school makes it more difficult. PTA, are you coming to Florida in April?

PTA2PTB

Post by PTA2PTB » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>mt999999</dt><dd>Sep 3 2018, 10:34 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>PTA2PTB</dt><dd>Sep 3 2018, 06:46 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>WiscoMetro</dt><dd>Sep 3 2018, 06:42 PM</dd></dl><div>Good and bad news:

GOOD: I'll surely be able to find time to make it. :metro1[/quote]YAY! :banana [/quote]Still a solid "maybe" for me. I'd love to, but it's a heck of a drive, and I have lots of houses that need TLC. If I can get Miranda on board, I will really try. If not, well, I really don't want to make that trip alone. Our daughter's school makes it more difficult. PTA, are you coming to Florida in April? [/quote]Florida in April? :hmm Maybe. As some of you know, I was planning on doing GOTG, this year, for the first time, but days before departure, my king sized waterbed :shit the bed and sprung leak. I spent the next couple days dealing with draining it, along with my wallet, to rectify it.

It would be kinda neat, to do the Quadfecta of Metro Meets (GOTG, Palooza, MMM, Maple Leaf), all in the same year. That'd be a hell of a lot of driving, though, especially for me. About the only ones I know that have done that, are Clive, and Gogart. Those guys deserve some kind of special edition Metro Meets T-Shirt, similar to a rock band tour. Well, at least one of them does. :whistle

mt999999

Post by mt999999 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>PTA2PTB</dt><dd>Sep 4 2018, 11:34 AM</dd></dl><div>As some of you know, I was planning on doing GOTG, this year, for the first time, but days before departure, my king sized waterbed :shit the bed and sprung leak.[/quote]:lol ... sorry, you crack me up. Sucks about the bed, though. In my opinion, a water bed is more trouble than it is worth.

I'm sure that I am going in April. I went in 2017, and I am disappointed that I didn't make it this year. The beach is always nice, and camping, while not free, is a far cry cheaper than Pensacola hotels.